knotted alfalfa firestarters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morpho

Jul 24, 2014
canada
Was just outside making kindling and pondering what to use as fire starter besides newspaper.

I ended up looking at some of the alfalfa growing all over the place on my land. It's woody, gets super dry and flammable by the time fall rolls around.

Any reason I couldn't make little bundles and use it to get things roaring?

Any danger I am not foreseeing?

Thanks.

so my question is soooo stupid that nobody even has the heart to tell me it is...
Okay...fair enough...I've been known to get off base.

At least nobody said: " Don't do out man! You will ruin your stove.

From the Morso manual:

"The use of legumes to start fires will void the warranty."

hahahahaha.....either that is the funniest comment ever...or I really need to grab the manual and see what else I missed...hahahaha....probably can't even burn a witch with it.

Morpho-- could read your posts all day! Good to see you found your way here...eh!

BrotherBart and I are here all week...don't forget to tip your waitress.

Y'all can laugh now...but when I'm rich from selling my Alfalfa fire starters™ you will all be...well.... you will still probably mock me.

I"M RICH!.png

Super cedars vs. Awesome alfalfas

Blacktail:
AWESOME ALFALFAS!
Thats a great name....you get a 50% royalty for the rest of your life.

BrotherBart:
Great to build fire or a salad.

Thats the tagline!

50% to you.

...hey wait a sec!

...damn, I did it again.

What wonderful images sprout to mind! I hope there's a kernel of truth to your advertising. Can I get the remaining percentage for my efforts?

hahahaha....Sorry Phoenix...you will have to negotiate with the majority stakeholders for a cut...apparently I am just the shop-sweep in this operation.

How about I head up a spin off company selling Blazin Buckwheat. Just need to use different ad campaign than the Alfalfas. !!!

Sure...sounds good...as long as I can still be the shop-sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.