Kodiak 1700 Blower Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MJ_2525

Jan 15, 2023
Ottawa
Morning All,

So after a decade of use, it looks like the blower on my Kodiak 1700 has finally decided to go. It still works, but it squeals something fierce.

A couple of questions…

1) Anyone have a best spot online (In Canada preferred) for a replacement blower?

2) There seems to be a difference in the blower part depending on the serial number. One is about $400 more expensive. Does anyone know the difference? Seems to be one comes with the shroud, and the other does not. As this is a non-returnable part, I’d like to have the right one, but at the same time, if one just requires the wiring to be re-done but will still do the job then I’d love to save the $400.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning.

I’m afraid I’m of no use suggesting places or parts, but I thought I’d reply just to bump this message back up to the top of its sub forum.

@begreen or @stovelark may have some information or suggestions that could be useful to you.

Reactions: MJ_2525
This stove may take the same blower as some Travis stoves. If so, this site has some aftermarket blowers available. They are much lower cost and of decent quality. This is the link for the 1700 freestanding stove.

There are probably blower motor replacements available at grainger, elec places etc, if you don't mind matching up specs, modifying wire connections etc. If this is a Kodiak insert, Enviro replaces the whole fan pod, that is the wiring, the motor mount, new snapdisc etc. That is part of the extraordinary cost for replacement. Historically, Enviro parts are a bit more expensive. I am still an Enviro fan, was a sad day they decided not to keep making wood stoves. Rumor was they were considering coming back, I wished they would... stay warm.

Did you end up finding a replacement blower? I am in the same boat. Our model is the older Kodiak with the heat sensor in the middle of the shroud assembly. I can buy just the replacement blower (on the proper mounting plate for just over $200, instead of the whole unit with new shroud assembly that is over 500. I have noticed though that the newer fan replacement has the heat probe at the top of the mounting bracket now. Can my existing shroud just be notched in that corner to accommodate the new sensor location?