Kubota BX2370

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the rental business and my opinion is that Kubota are is both over priced & over rated (I know a lot of people won't agree)
but I have seen loader arms on new machines bend. Yes customers can break a steel ball with a glass hammer but this should not happen. One of the guys just had his injector pump rebuilt to the tune of $2k at the dealer.
Personally I would shop around some.
I hear Kubota and John deer both referred to as over priced. What is your recommendation being in the business?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

New Holland (Ford) have been around for years and have a proven track record. We have a dealer in the area that is pushing Mahindra hard, I have read they were a joint venture with the old IH. I really don't know much about them, but they are the worlds #1 selling compact tractor.
We have had good luck with JD but some of the problems we have had are just plain stupid, like blown steel Hydraulic tubes.
I would also look at Case, again they have been around for years. I guess I would do some research, shop around and ask lots of questions.

The thing I don't get about the tractor community is this.
Tons of people say Kubota AND John deer are over priced. But then say that you shouldn't waste your money on another brand.
My new Holland dealer is more expensive than the Deere. And Kubota the cheapest.
No mahindra to go look at. I sure hope they really start giving the big three competition

Tons of people say Kubota AND John deer are over priced. But then say that you shouldn't waste your money on another brand.
My new Holland dealer is more expensive than the Deere. And Kubota the cheapest.
No mahindra to go look at. I sure hope they really start giving the big three competition

I see on their website 3 dealers in PA. You can build your own on their site.

I guess the bottom line here is there is going to be sticker shock (on everything we buy) since we are all cheap here, after all we all burn wood so we don't have to spend money!!!

I guess the bottom line here is there is going to be sticker shock (on everything we buy) since we are all cheap here, after all we all burn wood so we don't have to spend money!!!
I think you nailed it!

New Holland (Ford) have been around for years and have a proven track record. We have a dealer in the area that is pushing Mahindra hard, I have read they were a joint venture with the old IH. I really don't know much about them, but they are the worlds #1 selling compact tractor.
We have had good luck with JD but some of the problems we have had are just plain stupid, like blown steel Hydraulic tubes.
I would also look at Case, again they have been around for years. I guess I would do some research, shop around and ask lots of questions.

If one was buying a small NH or CaseIH, now CNH owned by Fiat Industrial, you might as well go look at an LS because that's most likely what you'll get with either of those up to about 60hp. It's right on serial number plate on both, made by LS Korea.

There's 2 Kubota's in my sons hay and cattle operation, an L3940 and a MX5100, both with loaders and both have been pushed to the max but not abused like I've seen people do with rental units. Those are the 2 smallest tractors, then there's a JD 5065M with a cab, a IH 686 with M&W Turbo and a CaseIH 5140 with a cab. All are very well taken care of and knock on wood none given much trouble. As far as trouble the L3940's glow plugs weren't working from the factory, first cold snap after they bought it they found that out, dealer picked it up on Friday and had back by noon the next Monday, it now has close to 1300 hours on it. The MX5100 on is the newest tractor and has about 90 hours on it and no repairs. The JD 5065M has about 800 hours and no repairs, the other 2 he inherited from his Grandfather and I don't really know their track record but both have been very reliable.

[QUOTE

There's 2 Kubota's in my sons hay and cattle operation, an L3940 and a MX5100, both with loaders and both have been pushed to the max but not abused like I've seen people do with rental units.[/QUOTE]

What? A rental abused? Amazing how much better care people give to things THEY pay for!

Status
Not open for further replies.