Labrador dog question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after our run in with a not so great fit with a shelter dog we/I found a breeder with a litter of yellow labs. We took a road trip and inspected the breeders place and how the yhandled the dogs and then went back the next to purchase one. While it was much more costly then getting an unkown dog I feel much better with what we have so far. I feel ruling out some possible health issues is well worth the money up front.

We will see in time. So far Casey girl is doing great and loves everyone even though at times she barks at a misplaced item in the house here and there which is quite funny.

Glad to hear you are getting a lab puppy. Good Luck you will have fun.

I grew up with labs and loved them all. But I wanted a bigger dog that loved the water, so we got a Newfoundland. Looks like a bear, loves the water, similar temper to a lab, but without the endless energy. Basically a big lap dog. He is great with our kids and other dogs.

He is only just over a year old and 150lbs. He should top out at over 180lbs by the end of the year.

When I get to work on Monday I will post a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.