1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Labrador dog question

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by struggle, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. struggle

struggle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Iowa
    Well after our run in with a not so great fit with a shelter dog we/I found a breeder with a litter of yellow labs. We took a road trip and inspected the breeders place and how the yhandled the dogs and then went back the next to purchase one. While it was much more costly then getting an unkown dog I feel much better with what we have so far. I feel ruling out some possible health issues is well worth the money up front.

We will see in time. So far Casey girl is doing great and loves everyone even though at times she barks at a misplaced item in the house here and there which is quite funny.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lasher

Lasher New Member

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    Glad to hear you are getting a lab puppy. Good Luck you will have fun.

I grew up with labs and loved them all. But I wanted a bigger dog that loved the water, so we got a Newfoundland. Looks like a bear, loves the water, similar temper to a lab, but without the endless energy. Basically a big lap dog. He is great with our kids and other dogs.

He is only just over a year old and 150lbs. He should top out at over 180lbs by the end of the year.

When I get to work on Monday I will post a pic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.