LaCrete Delivery Complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJC

Jan 13, 2013
Lancaster, NH
Got the last 3 pallets of LaCretes delivered this AM. Total of 6 pallets or 7.2 tons. Good to go for the Winter.
Already used a few bags the last couple of weeks but there are plenty left to get us through. LOL

DSC00016.JPG DSC00017.JPG DSC00018.JPG

TJC, besides your 7.2 ton pellet stash putting my 3 pallets of 60 pack La Crete's to shame, what more can you want from in a garage / man cave than one with a JD / FEL tractor, an RV, a 4 wheeler, as well as pellets stored in it? And no estrogen cluttering () "Wifey stuff" to be seen - strong work !! ;lol

It looks like some of your skid stacks have a 'starboard list' like 2 of my 3 pallets do - must be a LaCrete bag stacking thing. On one of mine I will have to slice the saran wrap and heavy plastic bag covers incrementally down from the top, but leave the circumferential wrap intact on the lower part of the pallet to keep the stack from tipping over.

This is the first season I'll be burning LaCretes, after burning Crabbe's last season and MWP softies the year before that. I've heard good stuff about the LaCretes RE heat output and low ash content.

Cheers, and happy burning !

It looks like some of your skid stacks have a 'starboard list' like 2 of my 3 pallets do - must be a LaCrete bag stacking thing.
yup... ;lol

I've heard good stuff about the LaCretes RE heat output and low ash content..

oh yeah.. ;)

Dan

DMKLND,
That's only 2 of the 3 bays. The 3rd bay has the wifey thing in it. A freakin horse trailer that takes up the whole bay. LOL
But that's ok, the other CanAm is in her horse barn and my 2 Ski Doos are in the new enclosed trailer next to the garage attached to the house. HEE HEE HEE

As for the pallets, they do lean a bit. I cut from the top and just go as far as I need and then cut more. That keeps them upright.

So far, the LaCretes have been burning fine. Low ash and good heat. BUT, I'm not getting the level of heat that I got from the Barefoots last yr. Still doing well and keeping the house toasty with the 2 stoves so no real complaints.

Reactions: DMKNLD
Status
Not open for further replies.