Well I have to go back to work tomorrow (the mortgage won't pay itself) so today was my last day off for Easter break. Decided to finally take care of all the wood that came down on my property since Hurricane Sandy. Here are a couple of oaks that came down during the hurricane. One got uprooted and took the top off of another. This is the remaining root ball of the uprooted oak and also an old, dead pine that I took down today. I was afraid the wind would blow it down and hit the camper in the background. Pieces at the top are hollow and will probably wind up on the campfire, pieces at the base could be used next fall. These two are some dead oaks that I took down today. The hurricane blew the tops off so I cut the tops and then brought down the trunks. Some punky sections in both trees but a lot of good wood also. Finally, here are my stacks as of right now. The one on the right has been stacked for about 18 months (mostly), and is starting to settle a bit and lean - may need to be restacked. It is just sitting on some longer pieces of wood to keep it off the ground. The one on the left is my first stack attempt with pallets. I was able to get a few from a buddy so I wanted to see how they work. The main stack on the right will have several more rows and is usually about 12 cords. The additional stack when finished will have 4 cords, and then I want another stack on pallets that will hold an additional 4 cords. So the goal is 20 cords on hand, but that may be a good way into the future!