Lavec wood stove worth $100?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
So this stove was sitting outside the antique shop last year and is still there. do I even waste my time with this thing. it'd be for the shed i'm building, or maybe I could burn in it out on the patio, lol. Say's Lavec on the front, read a couple of threads around here that have a very small amount of information, something about Scandia?

Anyhoo, add a little gasket here and do something about that crack on the side door and fix the window in the front and I think it would be a cute little thing worthy of an occasional inefficient burn. I guess I could throw some wood in it and just burn in it outside as is. anybody have any comments on this waste of time and cash?

They are asking 100, but would it be even worth it to offer $75? I would ask if it's worth the headache, but it's not a headache if it's hobby work.

Attachments

• Lavec wood stove worth $100?
    DSCN0796 (Large).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,330
    DSCN0797 (Large).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 915
    DSCN0798 (Large).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 973
    DSCN0800 (Large).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 623
one more picture

Attachments

DSCN0801 (Large).JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 743
If it's a Scandia I'd pass. I heard they are cheap junk death boxes!

so, by junk do we mean that I offer them $25 bucks when i drive by tomorrow, or do we mean that I should run away screaming?

BTW, i don't know how old it it, but you can certainly tell it isn't antique because of the newer looking warning plates riveted on it in a couple of spots. If i had to guess I'd say it can't be older than about 30 years, so that goes along with your comment on it being a cheap copy of an old stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.