Lavec wood stove ?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyoung

Aug 9, 2008
CA
I have inherited a "Lavec" wood stove. I can not, however, find any information on it on the internet. What can anyone tell me about "Lavec"?
Thanks.

The only references I am finding are linked to Scandia. Does the name Scandia show up anywhere on a plate or casting on the stove?

I did not see Scandia anywhere on it. It has "Lavec" embossed on the side, and a little plate in back that says Lavec. I don't have it right here with me and won't see it again until next weekend, when I will explore further.
Thanks

taka said:
I did not see Scandia anywhere on it. It has "Lavec" embossed on the side, and a little plate in back that says Lavec. I don't have it right here with me and won't see it again until next weekend, when I will explore further.
Thanks
might take a digital along and shoot it from a few angles then post the shots , would make it easier for someone to "id" it

Status
Not open for further replies.