LBA Settings... New pellet stove owner. HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeylikesit1177

Jan 24, 2011
Taunton, MA
So I have the Englander 25-PDVC and have had it for the last month. I have noticed when the temp outside gets below 30 that when I get up in the morning the house is down to about 60 with the pellet stove on 3-6. I was wondering if bumping the LBA setting will cause more air into the burn pot and the result will be a hotter fire? Has anyone done this before. I know the factory setting is 6-4-1 but what if I bump it to 6-5-1. Any thoughts

I have before. I've even had it up to 9-9 before and I hate it that high. I have pellets in the burn pot that seem to not burn all the way down to ash too. Thats why I was thinking I needed to increase the air coming in to make it hotter. Was hoping you guys have done the same. I'm burning Okanagan

mikeylikesit1177 said:
I have before. I've even had it up to 9-9 before and I hate it that high. I have pellets in the burn pot that seem to not burn all the way down to ash too. Thats why I was thinking I needed to increase the air coming in to make it hotter. Was hoping you guys have done the same. I'm burning Okanagan

Go ahead and make that change, if the pellets all burn up then go to 4 6 or 4 7.

SmokeyTheBear said:
mikeylikesit1177 said:

Go ahead and make that change, if the pellets all burn up then go to 4 6 or 4 7.

ok so just so I got this straight. You are talking about the LFF and LBA setting or just the regular auger and blower speeds. I adjusted the factory settings for LFF LBA and Air on Tem to 6-5-1

mikeylikesit1177 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
mikeylikesit1177 said:

ok so just so I got this straight. You are talking about the LFF and LBA setting or just the regular auger and blower speeds. I adjusted the factory settings for LFF LBA and Air on Tem to 6-5-1

Yes the bottom three.

mikeylikesit1177 said:
if I decrease the first number wont that slow down the pellet feed. Will it be as hot. or are you saying its feeding to much now

I'm not saying anything. You just told me that at 6 4 1 you were having unburned pellets so either an increase in air is needed or a decrease in feed is needed. Try one at a time. You also need to understand that the impact of that change above heat range two is likely to be minor.

Playing with the LFF and LBA will help to some degree to keep the fire burning hot and the burn pot clear, but in the end, if you want the house hotter, you have to increase the heat setting....more pellets = more heat....there is no free lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.