Leaf Blower Trick with ICC ExcelPellet pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
Hi All,
I was thinking today, which usually gets me in trouble. I want to add the leaf blower to my arsenal of pellet stove cleaning tools. I was wondering if it would be okay to use the leaf blower on my setup because each pipe section has gaskets. Maybe I am over-thinking this. Is there any chance of the gaskets being sucked, moved, pulled, or otherwise hurt by doing the leaf blower job? After fixing the exhaust leak I would hate to create another one. The ICC pipe has an orange silicon gasket in each section that forms a nice seal between sections of pipe. What do you think? Thanks.

Gee I don't know leaf blower trick and ICC EXCEL gasketed venting.

Hmmmm, let me think on that for a minute .......

Well for the last three seasons my plumbing is still fine and not missing any gaskets .... just to be totally safe you might want to remove the gasket that sits on the last section that the termination cap attaches too. Usually I don't even give it a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.