1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

leak question

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by bdorais, Feb 15, 2012.

1. bdorais

bdorais New Member

Loc:
    North Chicagoland
    I have a Lennox Vision gas stove. I am wondering what kind of safety alarm devices I should have to monitor this (I already have smoke detectors all over house). Is there a difference between gas leak detectors and carbon monoxide detectors? Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    There is a diffenace between a gas leak and CO. I would find a reliable company to do a spring cleaning/service check on it once a year and wouldn't worry too much about it leaking gas. If you are uncomfortable with it for some reason and think it might be/may soon be leaking, have a pro come in and give the system a going over. It shouldn't be any different that having a gas range, furnace or boiler.
  3. bdorais

bdorais New Member

Loc:
    North Chicagoland
    thanks so much
  4. Fake coal burner

Fake coal burner Member

Loc:
    Salt Lake City Utah
  5. camenitto

camenitto New Member

Loc:
    Baceno
    For every gas appliance in my home I have a CO detector, Gas leaks aren't good but you can smell gas as for CO it cant be seen and as far as I can tell it is scentless. A CO detector is the only way to know if that is happening. Plus it doesnt hurt to feel confident in your appliance.