Left Overs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Such a mild winter, here are some left overs, I also have almost 2 face cords of Old Hickory up back I didn't have to tap into.

I only used about 2.75 cords....Unreal

WoodButcher

Attachments

• SAM_4898.jpg
    SAM_4898.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 142
The mild winter must have put alot of burners just that much further ahead. It sure did for us.

I didn't have all that much left over... But the house was a whole lot warmer this year and used almost no oil.

I was grateful for the mild winter. I actually purchased wood last year and it was NOT seasoned. I was having a horrible time getting it to light. Its a learning experience for me and I swore to not go without. Since then I purchased a truck and have managed to get a good amount of wood. thus far i have approximately 4 cords in the last few months.

Well, I just went out and did some measuring and I'm NOT happy. I figured I went through about 2.5 cords this winter (October through now) so I figured I had better measure what I have c/s/s, particularly some ash. Well, the ash measures out to be 1.32 cords. I have another stack of silver maple that was c/s/s late last summer so I am sure it will be fine to burn this year but I was counting on that for 13-14 season. Long story short is that I'm not as far ahead as I thought I was. Glad it was a mild winter and a scrounging I will go!

fv

I'm actually working on wood right now for the 2016 season. Yes it was unreal this year. I heat exclusively with wood and usually go through at least 6 full cord minimum. I may have just touched 4 1/2 cord this year

PHEW, I feel a little better! I just went out and measured and found that I have 5 cords and all but a cord of it will be ready to burn this winter. I still have over a cord of black walnut down the road waiting to be split plus whatever else I scrounge from the woodlot. Not to mention that I have a full summer of scrounging to do. I am now stepping away from the ledge and going about my day.

fv

Reactions: ScotO
I burned around 2.75 cords this year down from around 4 last year. Between the mild winter, clean up form the storms last fall, and nice Red Oak score, I already have 12+ cords c/s/s, or more than 3 years worth!

Status
Not open for further replies.