Length is now a new specification for wood pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stentor said:
summit said:
j-takeman said:
I also heard more detailed specs. Ash level is going to be on a bar graph. How tight the ash range will be on the graph? I haven't seen info yet. I don't think they are done yet with all the changes. More to come.

A pellet company that doesn't wear the PFI label can call them anything they want. I bet we still see Super Premiums on some. Okie gave there's a platinum standard on the new bags.

New Okie bags look awesome... have ya seen 'em?

I haven't seen the new bags. Does that mean the Okanagan pellet are not wearing the PFI label any more?

AFAIK, Okie never had the PFI label. There has never been a requirement to have the PFI label. Its always been voluntary(once you paid the PFI dues) to carry the PFI label.

Long pellets (over 1.5 in.) equal pellet bridging in the hopper and shutdown in mine.

I have the same issue with my Harman P -38!

Density goes out the window with outdoor storage. What is the point when a dealer stores them in his parking lot?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.