Lennox Winslow PS-40 burning pellet problemq

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodheat72

Nov 24, 2015
Ahwahnee,ca
Hi,

I am new here and this is my first pellet stove which is now four years old.

Hopefully someone has had a similar problem. The problem is that either too many pellets are being put into pot or the pellets are burning too slowly. There are five settings for heat and at four and above the flame is large and the glass turns black. At setting three it is still a larger than normal flame but the glass does not immediately turn black. The pot has a lot of pellets in it and must be cleaned after each usage as the ash is very thick. Pellets are lignetics.

I cleaned it before using it and the above occurred. I notice a large tear in gasket for ash drawer ,so I replaced it today but the problem still exist. Previously, the stove would shut down and red blinking lights were displayed, and that is why I replaced the ash gasket . No blinking lights yet but the flame is large as before.

I have not cleaned the proof of fire snap but I just reset the convection blower snap switch.
I will now replace lignetics pellets with blazer pellets.

Any suggestions??

Sounds like the combustion air-flow is being restricted somehow..Usually caused by ash build-up in the stove or vent pipe. Mouse nest in your fresh-air intake maybe? Check the entire combustion-air pathway.....

Sounds like the combustion air-flow is being restricted somehow..Usually caused by ash build-up in the stove or vent pipe. Mouse nest in your fresh-air intake maybe? Check the entire combustion-air pathway.....
Hi,
Thanks for helping. I cleaned most of it but I will do it again. the fresh air intake is inside house so last night I put a vacuum cleaner house in it but maybe I need to fo farther in.

Finally, I cleaned the proof of fire snap last night. But the screws keep rotating : I would expect the crews to stop rotation once tight. Strange to me.

You say you cleaned most of it. That sometimes isn't enough when all of it is needed. Curious, when is the last time you cleaned the vent pipe ? People sometimes ( not saying you are one) neglect that part.

You say you cleaned most of it. That sometimes isn't enough when all of it is needed. Curious, when is the last time you cleaned the vent pipe ? People sometimes ( not saying you are one) neglect that part.
Hi,

Thanks for helping.

the vent pipe goes from the stove outside to above the roof. I asume that is what you mean and my inexperience is showing.

I cleaned it in October of this year but I will do it again today in case something got stuck in it.

Thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.