Leonard and Baker cook stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TessiersFarm

Dec 25, 2008
Maine
I just bought a Leonard and Baker Cook Stove. Belmont A is the model on the oven door. I am looking for a little information as to age and possibly locating a water tank for it. If anyone has any leads I would appreciate them.

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,888
Interesting looking stove.. and one lazy fox.

Yes it is, all it needs is a few firebricks replaced in the firebox. All metal is intact and in good shape. Nickle plating is in OK to good shape and it has a few spots of very light surface rust, mostly around the drafts on the side. I gave $50.00 for it, cost me more for gas to go get it than the stove cost. I can find very little info on the Internet and I am quite curious about its history. I would also like a water tank if they are available. We have been looking at them for a long time but never seamed to have the money at the right time until now. My wife is the type that will actually use it if I get it functional, so we are both pretty excited about it.

I think the Leonard and Baker Foundry was in Taunton, MA.

PS: Time to cut off the fox. He's had way too much to drink.

Well you don't say where in Maine you are . . . but if you're anywhere near Central Maine you might try Joe and Bea Bryant . . . great folks.

http://www.bryantstove.com/

Also . . . if you like old stoves I see they're hosting a convention in mid-July.

Oops . . . it appears as though this convention is restricted to members only . . . sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.