let me ash you a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodslinger

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
southern ill
How long does it take folks to fill up a 5 gallon metal bucket with ash?

1 - 2 months I think. Obviously directly proportional to how much wood I'm burning.

We have the same stove.

I'd say it takes me about 3 weeks to a month. I have a galvanized 5 gal bucket and lid at the back door for scoops of ash when it gets too deep. When it gets full, the ash gets dumped in the woods with a follow up 5 gal of water dumped on it and stirred.

Let me ask you,

how many door gaskets have you replaced?

Depends . . . burning 24/7 vs. weekend/evening burning, type of wood, how much coals you take out with the ash, size of stove's firebox, etc.

For me . . . in the dead of winter I would say I fill up my 5 gallon bucket every 3-5 weeks.

Mmmmm, I think I could fill one up a lot quicker than that, I will keep track as I emptied it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.