Let the games begin.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
Local tree service wanted to clean up his yard before winter. Most folks don’t like to play with the big stuff so he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
ACFDDC43-5D3B-4AE6-BE7B-5C98A2CCCAF9.jpeg
5 heaping dump trucks (the pic doesn’t do justice to the volume there). Estimating 10+ cords. Most is 32-36” a few smaller, a few bigger. $400 delivered to my back yard. Now the work begins.

I personally like the bigger rounds, I just noodle them to quarters and use my compact tractor as a log lift now, eventually I'll build an actual splitting table the same height as my splitter that can hold a bunch of logs, just looking for one of those roller stripes you see at a factory, it will make life so much easier.

Nice, Jags !!!