Let's chip in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fantasize about these things. If I was a wealthy man, I'd purchase a Multitek 1610 EZ. I think they're probably $10 - 20k and perfect for someone who wants to process a decent amount of firewood commercial or hobby. This thing you have listed is big enough to process a forest.

You would have to sell a few cords to pay for it.
I suppose it would be great for a tree removal company.

Don't forget you still need to get the logs to the machine....so kick in twice that for a nice big forwarder thingy.... :)

Gary_602z said:
Checks in the mail! :)
I am not sure if Dennis will send his check in because it is a horizontal splitter! ;-)

Gary

And it doesn't come with a milk crate! :)

Wow, those things are really slick. A guy could actually make some money with one of those....providing you don't go broke buying one first ! LOL

Even the smaller ones are quite pricey .. yikes !

There are guys that advertise around here for cutting and splitting your firewood. About $18/cord for cutting, not sure what they get for splitting.

Could not get the link as it has been destroyed because of horizontal splitting. I told you it was bad.

firecracker_77 said:
I fantasize about these things. If I was a wealthy man, I'd purchase a Multitek 1610 EZ. I think they're probably $10 - 20k and perfect for someone who wants to process a decent amount of firewood commercial or hobby. This thing you have listed is big enough to process a forest.

That 1610EZ is perfect size. I wonder how hard it would be to make one of these things? Hmmm, might have to check into it

Pat53 said:
Wow, those things are really slick. A guy could actually make some money with one of those....providing you don't go broke buying one first ! LOL

Even the smaller ones are quite pricey .. yikes !

There are guys that advertise around here for cutting and splitting your firewood. About $18/cord for cutting, not sure what they get for splitting.

Theres a guy im my area with one of those, hes selling cords of green for $135, last time I called he was two months behind on orders. Hes been getting all his wood along the tornado path so they're already down.

It really gets me excited to watch those processors smash the wood through the multi-wedge. A log cut to perfect length, then perfectly split in one smooth motion.

I'm going to talk to my buddy tonite about maybe building one. he goes thru about 12 cords a year and always pays someone to cut and split it ( lazy SOB ... LOL)
After checking out several online, I think we could build a decent one for about $5-$6K.

Pat53 said:
I'm going to talk to my buddy tonite about maybe building one. he goes thru about 12 cords a year and always pays someone to cut and split it ( lazy SOB ... LOL)
After checking out several online, I think we could build a decent one for about $5-$6K.

Would you sell wood also? Still a lot of money.

brogsie said:
Pat53 said:

Would you sell wood also? Still a lot of money.

Probably, I'm semi-retired so I do have lots of free time. There are a LOT of people around here who burn wood

I must have been the only one who could not view the link...

fahmahbob said:
Backwoods Savage said:

It's been 'flagged for removal'. I never saw it, either...

strange, I just checked it and its still there?

fahmahbob said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I never saw it either and I checked when it was posted and just now

weatherguy said:
fahmahbob said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I never saw it either and I checked when it was posted and just now

Sorry about the link guys. It was for a fire wood processing machine that cost $80,000.
Would be a nice toy to have.

Pat53 said:
fahmahbob said:
Backwoods Savage said:

strange, I just checked it and its still there?

It may have still been in your cache. If you hit F5 you'll probably see it's gone. Unless there's something really strange going on...

Gone here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.