1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Let's Talk 2 Cycle Mixes

Post in 'The Gear' started by MarkinNC, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA

I've been putting 100LL AvGas in all of my equipment (dirtbikes, chainsaws, lawn mower, pressure washer, ect) for about 8 years with no ill effect. Unless you consider easier starting, quicker revving, and never gumming up a carb ill effects. As for cost - it's about a buck per gallon more than premium around here.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I'm not disputing the fact that your equipment may run great on the stuff. In fact I'm sure the bikes are lovin' it! However, newer technologies are coming down the pike and 100LL WILL poison catalyst mufflers. None of this changes the fact that it's still illegal to run in anything other than aircraft.
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

That's right. My mistake. :red:
  4. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    Actually, it's perfectly legal to run in anything that's not plated
  5. NextEndeavor

NextEndeavor Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Southern Iowa
    Ten years ago an old small Toro snow blower bit the dust, seized up. Lawn mower repair shop said too much oil actully can "overfire" the little two stoke. (I fessed up to likely adding oil twice cause couldn't remember if put it in when filling the one gallon container). The thing was essentially at end of life anyway with worn out flappers. Moral of story: follow manufacturers recommendation!