Letting Go

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condolences BrowningBAR, take comfort in knowing Woody is no longer in pain.

Cross Cut ,and BBAR ....
I don't really have a way to express how badly I feel for what you are going through . I just hope that your pain ,and sense of loss diminishes quickly and that the warm memories of your buds takes over .
All the best to both of you in this trying time, John

RIP Luna.
DSC00889.JPG
DSC00657.JPG

This is the way I have said goodbye to all of my friends and family thru the years...been far too many I am sorry to say. I sit and crank up the radio...I cry every time its played.

Very sorry for your loss guys....

RIP Luna.

Sorry to hear that. All I can say is; it sucks. I was a damn mess on Sunday. And working from home makes it suck more. It's weird going down stairs and not having the furry little guy great me in the morning.

Wow, that is one great looking dog........I'm so sorry Cross Cut and BB

Cross Cut and BB so sorry to hear of your losses. Times are rough right now, but remember the good times and remember that your were true and loyal to the very end. Times will get better.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your family members.
It doesn't seem fair that we only get a short time with them when they give so much for a little pat on the head or a scratch behind the ear.

We're losing our very special cat. It was a gift to my son when he was 7. Been to the vets 3 times in the past week and after xrays and all they still don't know what's wrong. It seems to be respiratory but he is not responding to meds. Still friendly and purring, but has eaten very little over the past week and is losing weight fast. Wish we knew what was wrong. Xrays are being analyzed now.
minpin basket.jpg minpin_web.jpg

Fingers crossed that they find out what is wrong and that it can be treated, begreen. Cats are tough, give 'em half a chance and they pull through. Hope that's the case...

Its very difficult. Lost my oldest cat Sylvester on September 2nd,had kidney failure since April 2010.First every other day he got an IV & special food,doing great til about 3 months ago.Talked to vet & I upped the fluid dosage to 1 1/2 units daily,slowly he was failing & dropping weight even though still in good spirits & not in pain.The last 2 weeks went downhill fast,talked to vet again on Monday 8/27,was advised to stop the IV.The last week he couldnt stand up or hop up on sofa like normal,ate very little & stayed there the whole time.The last few days the other 2 cats knew it was getting close,they took turns watching over him & sleeping by him on the sofa.Finally he just went to sleep late that afternoon.They miss their ol' buddy I'm sure,but were surprisingly calm.Are adjusting OK it seems.Are spending lots of their evening time now on the sofa or in his fav old chair.I had Sylvester since he was 11 months old,already was neutered & current with his shots.Would've been 19 this November.

May 2004,still in his prime pretty much,even at 10 yrs old he run through the house like a 2yr old....>>

2nd pic on grass Aug 2012 (when weather was nice he liked a few minutes outside after his IV even though he was strictly indoor cat)

Attachments

• Sylvester52904.jpg
    Sylvester52904.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 118
The unconditional love of a pet is a true blessing.
Luna's partner in crime "Beans" came with us to the vet yesterday, we were hoping to bring her some closure as well and not just have her best friend disappear.
She seems a little down so we're trying to give her some extra attention that she would have gotten from Luna. Even yesterday Luna was standing on 3 legs next to Beans licking her face and taking care of her even though she was in so much pain herself.
Totally selfless.
We could all stand to learn a lot from these beloved family members, and I think that's why they're brought into our lives.
DSC00678.JPG
Best buds ~ 2006

I can relate thistle, I have a cat who is my best bud....I can't imagine losing him.

Sorry CCS, i know it's tough. We sure love our dogs, they certainly are family members and man's best friend.

I have nothing witty to say . . . no words of wisdom. Just this . . .

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.