1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Does anyone have in their spare parts box the original leveling feet for a Bear Series they would like to part with? Or is there anyone that has a picture of the stock feet that came new?

[​IMG]
    1/2"-13 x 3.125" 5000lb Deluxe Leveling Foot

These are available from Fastenal for 19.95 ea. However they look a little flashy for me. Spray Paint? lol

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Looks like a carriage bolt would do the job.
  3. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Bear Feet ebay.jpg

The bear feet came with washers to put inside to level the stove. They were not just for looks, they served that purpose.

The older style was a chrome ball attached with set screw to a stud welded to the inside of the angle iron leg.

#786 A PA Port Royal PA orig owner 1.jpg Ball Feet eBay 110..jpg
  4. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

I should have been more specific. I have a first generation Papa Bear. So period correct would be round ball. Thanks for the pics. Any chance you would part with a set?
  5. coaly

Loc:
    NE PA
    mxd253 likes this.
  6. coaly

Loc:
    NE PA
    All the ball feet on my older stoves measure 1 5/8" diameter. The chrome door handle knobs on all my older single door stoves are 1 3/4" diameter. The shaft size (handle and leg studs) is 1/2 inch. The set screw in all knobs is 10-24 National Course thread. The replacement ball probably won't have a locking set screw. Just tighten a piece of threaded rod in the ball and thread it into the existing threaded nut / collar on the leg.
    mxd253 likes this.
  7. hilbiliarkiboi

hilbiliarkiboi Member

Loc:
    HotSprings NatlPark
    Greetings mxd253. Does your stove have the threaded sleeves? Pics look like no taper at bottom of leg.
    Some members here built Fishers in your part of the country. IIRC some had no taper or feet. If so, the bear feet "fit", and would seem like less pita - and while expensive, are available.
    Cost of pieces, welding, along with moving/flipping the stove.... I dunno! phpyR7KniPM.jpg phpNjxECLPM.jpg
  8. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Thanks for all of the great info guys. Due to time constraints and the overall want to have this project complete. I have decided to go with a foot similar to the one I listed at the top of the thread. However I was able to obtain the same style foot in a black finish. Once I have them in place I will share a pic. Thanks again