LG Grannuels: Clear Bag vs. White Bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank

Feeling the Heat
Nov 27, 2008
S. Maine
Hi all, Just started burning some LG Grannules I ordered from pellet sales.com. The bags are clear rather than the white bags everyone else has. I still have some of the CleanFire from last year and like them alot. However, the LGs seem to be burning a little cleaner (less ash) and a little hotter. With that, Is there any difference between the two bags.. I was a little concerned when they arrived as the website showed the white bag.

Thanks, love this site, lots of good advice!

Same here- have only seen the LGs in the clear bags.
Do the white ones have a "born on" date stamp on them?
Maybe they switched bag style this year.

Bank said:
Hi all, Just started burning some LG Grannules I ordered from pellet sales.com. The bags are clear rather than the white bags everyone else has. I still have some of the CleanFire from last year and like them alot. However, the LGs seem to be burning a little cleaner (less ash) and a little hotter. With that, Is there any difference between the two bags.. I was a little concerned when they arrived as the website showed the white bag.

Thanks, love this site, lots of good advice!

As far as I know. There is no difference. I just think the white bags were a minor cost savings for them. Clear bags cost a little more than white bags.

jay

Thanks mnkywrnch..I had a few bags that appeared to be damaged in shipment with clumps of sawdust, wasn';t thrilled with the cheezy saran warp they used.. But it looks like from other posts, I wasn't the only one that had that problem. So I'll probably give pelletsales.com a call. This is my second year using them and they seem pretty good about custmer service. However, as long as they burn hot and clean that's all that really matters.

I got three tons from woodpellets and all the bags are clear.
Nice burning pellets.

Just a follow up, I cleaned the stove this AM after burning 3 bags of the LGs and not one clinker on the burn pot just some fly ash..WOW...Never had that happen before!

Excellent review.... I have one ton of these and glad to see good results :) Thanks for the post.

My three tons of LGs, April early buy from Pelletsales.com , came in clear bags. Burn great!

I understand, from a friend, that Okanagan pellets also come in white vs clear bags now.

Same excellent product for both.

Ranger

I have not seen the white bags for 2 years in the states LG's are the most consistent pellet year after year with good QC. I have 4.5 Ton in the clear bags that I bought from pellet sales in the spring.

-G

Ok, so it looks like nobody has the white bags!!! Whew, I thought I got something I didn't order!! But they do burn hot.

LG Granules are an awesome pellet. I know some pellet producers sell their pellets in bulk to other companies. The company then puts them in a different color bag.

I've already burned about 10 bags of LG and I have not had ANY clinker in the burn pot.
Lots of fly ash but the pot is clear of clinkers.
Not the same as burning a hardwood pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.