Life of a stove ofr used Harman?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredguy

Aug 8, 2008
Ontario Canada
HI everyone, I'm new here, and have been looking to buy a pellet stove,

I came across a used harmen Invincivle for a great price, full working order.
only problem i'm having with it is the "test date" stamped on it, was 1992. so we
are already talking 16 years old... I've done loads of reading on the Invincible,
and it sounds like it's a great stove. but at 16 years I question the fans and
how much energy it would use. and the life of parts inside.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Trevor

A lot of that, and just about anything, is dependent on how well it was taken care of in the past. Does it look like the maintenance was kept up on it?

It's a heavy duty model, but then again that is quite old........if you are getting a great price, are really handy, and have good access to parts and service...then you might consider it. In general, 12-20 years is my guess at the life cycle of most pellet stoves - but certain Harmans and other heavy-duty models may be the exception....I might say 20-30 for a Harman.

Status
Not open for further replies.