Life sucks waiting!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan ahead grasshopper. The ants are warm.

It will be worth the wait. And you'll never have to wait for the installation again.

I was in the same place last year. And then they ran into problems on the install, delaying burning
further. Today it's 20 below outside and 70 inside with the stove cruising at 600. It's worth the wait.

Thats how I felt last year. I bought my 30 in early December (the 6th I think), and didn't actually get it fired up until early February.

I ran into holdups ordering chimney parts. The first 3 week wait was for a ceiling support box for my vaulted ceiling. The second 3 week wait was for the pair of 30 degree offset elbows so that I could get enough offset in my tight attic space to miss the peak of my roof.

Most everything else went smoothly, but waiting for those parts was just brutal!

-SF

I was also in your place not long ago. I ordered my stove in early Oct and was told it would be in early Nov. Turned out the stove didn't come in until late Dec. Finally got it installed Dec 26th and inspected on Jan 30th. It is worth the wait. Spend this time planning and getting ready. Hearth, mantle minimum requirements, wood storage, woodstove tools, humidifier, inside wood bin, ash can, vacuum...

I purchased a Dyson D16 just before the stove was installed. It makes cleaning up the ash and wood pieces all around the hearth a breeze. Just be careful not to pick up hot embers with a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.