Likely an expensive idea - retrofit single wide door onto a double door Jotul C450 Kennebec

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oconnor

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
Anyone have an idea what it could cost to swap double doors for a single door on the Kennebec? It wasn't an option when I bought mine, and I like the extra view of the fire the single door provides.

My guess is expensive, but thought I'd ask in case someone else has already done the math.

Brent, Looks like it would be pretty expensive there are 10 different parts to change. The door and glass can't be cheap but you also have to change the front assy of the stove to fit the single door which I think would be expensive as well. I personally like the double doors on mine. Jim

Find someone with single door setup, wait 'till they go out, break in, swap over. set up video camera to record their confusion.

This *may* be your easiest option...

Status
Not open for further replies.