Lil computer help needed here please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
The Dell laptop recently prompted that updates were available. So I went ahead and did it. Now my wife's email won't work. Her e-mail is Windows live messenger. Any ideas? Two updates have been done in the last two days. First was newest version of Windows Internet explorer. Second one, I don't even know what you would call it. Computer promted that updates were available.? I think it was a Windows update.? Any help would be appreciated. Wife not happy.

Just do a System Restore and all should be well. Had the same thing happen to me a week ago.

Ditto on System restore. You are not the only one with problems after doing updates.

Just use Windows XP - No more updates anymore ;)
But seriously, my folks ran an update not to long ago and somehow a startup driver got corrupted. That was a messy fix.

Backwoods Savage said:
Just do a System Restore and all should be well. Had the same thing happen to me a week ago.

Okay. And I do that how? :lol:

what is her email on? internet explorer (for gmail) or outlook....

anything else wrong? might just want to update your browser...

maverick06 said:
what is her email on? internet explorer (for gmail) or outlook....

anything else wrong? might just want to update your browser...

Windows Live messenger is what she said. It won't even open. :cheese: I use an internet based e-mail. No problems, ever.

I got tired of having problems with my email and switched to google mail. It rocks.

Probably you have an old version of messenger that had security holes that were patched. Upgrade it and see if it works.

System restore will work, but your computer will apply the same patches again in the future, creating the same problem again.

Fixed. Thanks guys. I here you on the google e-mail. I use Yahoo e-mail myself and have tried to convince my wife to go to an e-mail like Yahoo or google.

Don't use Internet Explorer here. Firefox in use, also Cometbird and Google Chrome.

Gasifier said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Okay. And I do that how? :lol:

I see you got it fixed. Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.