Lincoln ranger 305 welder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Anyone familiar with these welders? Used one for sale locally for 500. Issue is it quits welding after 20 min but generator side still works.. not a lot of info out their with this issue.. I'm thinking control board or capacitor. Was thinking of lowballing him in hopes a control board is not worth more than the machine.. seems I cannot find anything tonight searching lol

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I would give a dealer a call and ask for their ideas, I doubt it it the first one to do it.

I have used a Ranger before but not sure of the model. It was the only Lincoln I didn't like. I seem to remember I thought the motor was not powerful enough.

I have no idea what is wrong with it but a new
Lincoln Electric Ranger 305 G costs just South
of 9 Grand Canadian so what have you got to loose
at 5 Hundred

Not stolen...lol.. was on a service truck bought at auction.

Could have allot to loose if boards start getting changed and not fixing it... found a few prices online and the boards are 1-2g