liner down small - split in the insulation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
I dropped the liner down chimney with the extra fancy insulation from homesaver on it. I forced the liner to jog past the smoke shelf and got it into position. Then I looked up and saw that I ripped the foil on the insulation on the outside bend. I panicked thinking that I might have split the liner as well but it is fine.

So I am off to the hardward store to get some more heavy duty foil tape to patch the rip. Rats. I am going to have to pull up the stainless metal sock, tape it up and then pull it retie the sock again. Sound like a good plan, or do I need to worry some more?

miniscule problem, prob not even worth removing the liner to go fix, less you risk more damage...

Pull it and add a coupler... No foil tape will be good enough for that heat

TheHeatElement said:

It is just a tear in the foil wrap on the insulation Rainer. Good grief. You spent two years here telling people they didn't even need insulation at all.

My bad, I read it as the liner ripped.. my bad.. coupler wouldn't have done anything..

BrotherBart said:
TheHeatElement said:

It is just a tear in the foil wrap on the insulation Rainer. Good grief. You spent two years here telling people they didn't even need insulation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.