Liner Opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W.B.

Hearth Supporter
Oct 1, 2010
MO
My insert is in, so now it's time for the liner. Any opinions on M-Flex liners? I'm looking to keep my install budget friendly, but I don't want junk either.

Those of you with ss-lined chimneys, what brand did you go with?

I worked with a guy on this board by the name of TheHeatElement who sells Magnaflex liners. I am very pleased with what I purchased. Shoot him a PM and let him know what your current chimney is like. I bet it won't take him long to get back to you.

Other options are through ebay or other online websites for package deals. However I doubt you'll get much better a price or better customer service than you'd get from TheHeatElement.

Goodluck. Are you installing yourself? I did and it really was pretty easy.

pen

Thanks pen. Yeah, gonna go the diy route. I got a quote from one of the more reputable dealers in town and I was a little sticker-shocked. He wanted around 3600 for the insert and install without insulated liner! I'll come in at about half that number, including the liner with insulation, if I do it myself.

M-Flex is a good liner. National Chimney Supply sells a lot of them to dealers. They come in 316L and 316ti.

BrotherBart said:
M-Flex is a good liner. National Chimney Supply sells a lot of them to dealers. They come in 316L and 316ti.

M-Flex is a good brand- National chimney supplies a good product as we all run the same machines to make flex... Don't knock a good thing

TheHeatElement said:
BrotherBart said:

M-Flex is a good brand- National chimney supplies a good product as we all run the same machines to make flex... Don't knock a good thing

And just what in that post knocks anything?

BrotherBart said:
TheHeatElement said:
BrotherBart said:

And just what in that post knocks anything?
Not speaking for him, Bbart, but I read that as more like "even though they are the "competition" I won't knock them because we make a similar liner" coming from him...

For the liners, as we speak, I am noticing a couple of ads that help Craig keep hearth.com on the air for us here... rockford chimney supply, northline express, etc. selkirk products, many of the sponsors here sell whole kits and etc. Northline sells magnaflex kits and duraliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.