Links and Suggested Links for Green Room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
You can reply to this thread with suggested links and I'll either leave the replies or edit them into this list:

Suppliers:

Greasecar - Kit for Converting Diesel Cars to used veggie oil

Well priced Solar DHW System (thanks to Rhomemas for link)

Great Wind Machines for residential use

Publications:

Green Living Journal - Local/Regional Green Publication - available free in distribution area and for a low price by subscription - many articles also online.

Web Sites

Consumer guide to Heating Systems: Furnaces and Boilers

This link is a powerful tool to determine feasibility and effects of different setups on Photovoltaic systems at any location.
http://www.nrel.gov/rredc/pvwatts/grid.html

The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) and the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) primary national laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development.

You can reply to this thread with suggested links and I'll either leave the replies or edit them into this list:

Suppliers:

Greasecar - Kit for Converting Diesel Cars to used veggie oil

Well priced Solar DHW System (thanks to Rhomemas for link)

Great Wind Machines for residential use

Publications:

Green Living Journal - Local/Regional Green Publication - available free in distribution area and for a low price by subscription - many articles also online.

Web Sites

Consumer guide to Heating Systems: Furnaces and Boilers

I click on the Green Living Journal link and it looks like it is based out of the west coast (Portland, Oregon), not western New England. Might want to update that if possible.