Liquid Piston Rotary Engines

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
In the Early 70es, I worked for a Mazda dealership on the RX1 to RX4 Wankel engines
I am a lic Mechanic and have been for 54v years. The Wankel engine was light and very quick
in the Mazda. I did many rebuilds the seals were horrible cooling and the lubrication to the Rotor
was a big problem If they ever solve that problem they will have an incredibly light strong
and fast engine that will turn 10 thousand RPM without difficulty.

Liquid Piston claims that their design is not derivative of a Wankel concept. Looking at past videos it is definitely a different slant probably with its own problems. I would like to see these replace two strokes as they have the power to weight ratio that a 4 stroke cannot beat. Mazda is coming out with a rotary "range extender" for an upcoming EV. It does what a rotary is good for, high power to weight in a small package.