Little load this morning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Nice load of dead ash!
15129248008251749798326.jpg
15129248638112040162087.jpg

Whats with the funny white dirt?
Ash is one of my favorites. Cuts, splits, dries in a user friendly way.

Reactions: Bwhunter85
Whats with the funny white dirt?
Ash is one of my favorites. Cuts, splits, dries in a user friendly way.

I do too Jags, burns hot, clean, starts easy, is actually fun to split. I'll be sad when it's gone. Stuff in Michigan needs to get CSS prettty quickly as it's starting to punk out. I actually planted one in my yard 1-1/2"), and am going to try to keep it alive with an annual insecticide drench.

Reactions: coutufr and Jags
I haven’t burned hardly any white ash yet but that could change in a few years. The borers aren’t up here yet but they are in the southern part of the state. I have burned some nice black ash though. Nice load!

Great! One of my favorites also. The borer is around here too, nothing like some other areas though.

Nice haul. Cut the top of a big one up for my dad who just moved back this fall. It was burn ready 15-20%. Whats the moisture on this stuff?