1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Little old lady needs Jotul help

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by Supermax, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Supermax

Supermax New Member

I have a great contractor who installed my jotul. My jotul is Model: GF 100 DVII. He installed it about a year ago but it had been purchased many years before and was sitting boxed in my garage. Anyway, we cannot get the pilot light to work. My contractor thinks maybe the piping to vent the stove might not be right, but he is so good at everything he does, I just think there must be some other problem. Cannot find anyone to come and see what the problem might be. Gas stove insert people say they will not help me unless I bought it from them. The store I bought it from is no longer in business. I live in Central California near Santa Cruz. Anyone have any idea what I should do?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    First of all the venting has nothing to do with the pilot lighting...Did he make sure there is gas coming to the unit. Did your contractor turn the gas on? Did he bleed the gas line at the connection to the gas valve under the unit? Is the igniter sparking? Is the knob in the pilot position? Is he depressing the pilot knob all the way in when hitting the igniter? Let us know exactly how he's trying to light it.
  3. rstuff

rstuff New Member

Can he hear anything or smell gas when trying to start it?
  4. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    That is an 820 Nova SIT with a standing pilot. Did anyone bleed the line? It can take forever to bleed all the air out of 40 feet of gas line through the pilot. Can you hear gas when the control knob is depressed? Does it deflect the flame on a bic lighter?

Peace

Brad
  5. Heatsource

Heatsource Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    ^good posts

but we need more info,
    is the pilot dropping out after some time of use?
    will it light with a lighter, or the sparker then just not hold on?
    Pallet Pete likes this.