Little splitting, little stacking.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
Getting a start on supply for next year. The last one is the kids play ground and my playground (bonfire) behind it.

Attachments

• DSCF1727 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF1727 (640x480).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCF1728 (640x480) (2).jpg
    DSCF1728 (640x480) (2).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCF1732 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF1732 (640x480).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCF1729 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF1729 (640x480).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 444
Nice pictures
The stack is growing fast.
Good job :)
Looks like your leaves are gone.

Gasifier said:
Getting a start on supply for next year. The last one is the kids play ground and my playground (bonfire) behind it.

Looks good Gasifier, what types of wood do you have in that stack.

zap

bogydave said:
Nice pictures
The stack is growing fast.
Good job :)
Looks like your leaves are gone.

Thanks. Yes, leaves have been gone for a few weeks. Had just a trace of snow in the air one day. Suppose to be high 60s on Wed. Saving on the wood supply is how I look at it. Can't complain. About the end of January I will be complaining that I want winter to end. Love the four seasons. Spring is great. Summer is better. Fall is best. Winter is okay until I start to get sick of it around the end of January. Have a good one Dave.

zapny said:
Gasifier said:
Looks good Gasifier, what types of wood do you have in that stack.
zap

Thanks ZAP.

That stack is all White Ash. Pile of rounds is some Ash, some pine, and a little box alder that I grabbed a truck load of because it was right next to the road and waiting to be taken away by the D.P.W. guys. Free is such a great price for wood.

Nice line and its growing rather nicely. Great Job.

chvymn99 said:
Nice line and its growing rather nicely. Great Job.

Thanks chvymn. It is nice to look at when I'm sitting on the porch with a cold one in my hand. A good feeling to have it done

Gasifier, that is a real nice start on next year. Being mostly ash makes it sweet too. It won't be long now before I start the annual wood cutting.

Hey thanks Dennis. I know you stack and let your wood season for quite a while. What year will you be cutting for this time. 2015/16? I just talked with a wood supplier up here the other day and he said you know, you are one of a very few people around here that season there wood for a full year. Almost everyone he delivers wood to call him from August through November and are getting there wood dropped at there house for this season. He is friends with another supplier up here and he says it is just about the same for him. To bad. All those BTUs going to waste just to get the water out of their wood and still keep there house warm. They both try to stay ahead and have the wood they are delivering at least six months cut and split. But most of the time it is hard for them to stay that far ahead. Lots of customers around here.

If we don't sell any wood or give any away we'll be cutting for 2016-2017 this year but I have a feeling our wood stacks might shrink a bit soon. No calls yet but a couple should be about ready.

I really agree with you on those folks buying water rather than all wood. Well, 6 months cut and split is better than no months cut and split, I guess.

For sure. They are both good guys who try to do that. Unfortunately, a lot of the time they can't keep up and are bringing wood to them they just cut a few weeks ago. The customers know it is green and they don't care. That is how they have always done it. If the folks had called them and had them drop it last year........ Strange, many of the customers burn every single year. All they would have to do is get one year ahead and be good to go. I suggested to a guy one time to get one year ahead for better BTUs and just plain better fires. He said, "Why?, then I would have to stack it, move it, and stack it again." :smirk: That was the last time I suggested to anyone that they may want to get one year ahead. Oh well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.