Loaded my stash for this coming season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bags

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2014
Kentucky
7 tons of Somersets from Lowe's for right under $250 per ton delivered. Not as good as last year's $224 per ton but I can live with it. This was a no touch deal. Going to run to TSC to see what they have coming in because I may keep stocking up depending on prices and brands.

My Harman dealer had a pre-buy deal on Pellet Pros for $230 per ton but I'd have to pick them up and such myself. Spend a tad more for the no truck and trailer and handling was cheap money here. Not to mention diesel fuel, time, etc; The only time i'll touch the pellets I bought will be dumping the bags in and of course a small tote run to grab one.

Lowe's here isn't sure what they are getting this season yet. Hamers? Anyone know about these? I bought the leftover remaining 7 tons from last year. They were stored inside under roof there and I saw that. I figured I'd pull the trigger and eliminate any unforeseen jam ups this fall if I could so I did.

Thanks John. I'll check into it. TSC here is also running a pretty good deal pre buy at $235 a ton but doesn't know what they are getting. Last year they had Somersets here at local TSC but after those were gone I noticed some off brand but can not remember the name.

I know Somerset does not sell directly but I just talk to one office person. Never knew about Anderson in Louisville. Going to check that lead out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.