Loading the T6 (Big Old Round!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Check the size of this round out! I should have taken a picture from the other end as it was between 10-11 inches depending on where and how you measured it and took some effort to heft it in the stove :bug: . This round has been in the stacks for close to 6 years and was dry as could be and lit right up and was burning like a champ when I left this morning at 6:30 am. I figured this thing will get me through until I get home at 9pm tonight. I'll update and let you know what the coal bed and temps were when I get off work.

Attachments

• Loading the T6 (Big Old Round!)
    IMG_0938.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 325
    IMG_0940.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 318
    IMG_0943.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 324
Always nice to have some big rounds or splits handy, that load should get ya through.

zap

Of all the dead ash I've been splitting lately, anything 10" and under, with no bark, has been going right on the stack. I've been making mostly really big splits, and really small splits to fill in. I'm working on 4-5 years out, so I'm sure it will be good and dry by then.
The big box sure is nice.

jeff_t said:
Of all the dead ash I've been splitting lately, anything 10" and under, with no bark, has been going right on the stack. I've been making mostly really big splits, and really small splits to fill in. I'm working on 4-5 years out, so I'm sure it will be good and dry by then.
The big box sure is nice.

That's a really cool part of being so far ahead. I do not have such a luxery.

That big round looks exactly like the dead oak I cut on my property. A lot of it is standing dead just like that or on the ground. I always have my eye out for this stuff because it's like finding gold. I leave most of it unsplit and it burns great the same season that it's cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.