Local Lowes Selection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Prices at the Ithaca NY lowes is remained steady at $189.99 a ton. For the last two months they had somersets on the floor. I tried them out bought 6 bags. Dirtier than my barefoot's but the heat was nice. Today I stopped in and found presto logs... I couldn't remember if they were any good so I picked up 3 bags. Hoping to get a ton from them If they still have somersets.

I didn't have much luck with the Pres to Logs. But some other members did. My guess its hit or miss with what batch you get. Glad your trying before buying a large purchase.

I really liked the Somersets, They did well in my stove!

The PrestoLogs work great for me...Harman PF100. The best that I have used so far. All stoves act differently, just like a woman.
Can never please them, but sometimes get them in a good mood.
Bought 5 ton...

I've got a Englander and didn't care for the Presto's at all, the difference between them and the Green Team's that I also bought last season were very noticeable in a variety of different ways. There is some good info somewhere on this forum about them I remember reading about and agreeing with.

But I do agree 100% with what Red Devil said, there is no one and only pellet that we all will agree upon and have our best results with.

I have a Harman XXV. I bought two tons of Pres to Logs last year and did not like them at all. Way to much ash and heat was only ok. The cubex i have been burning are much better.

Glad I refused them last year. Lowes showed up at my driveway with 4 tons Pres to Logs when they promised me Greene Teams. They made good and brought what I ordered.

Thanks to everyone on this forum!!!

gbreda said:
Glad I refused them last year. Lowes showed up at my driveway with 4 tons Pres to Logs when they promised me Greene Teams. They made good and brought what I ordered.

Thanks to everyone on this forum!!!

Good for You.. Most people wouldnt have known he diference.

I ask the guys i work with that burn pellets and they can't Even tell what brand they are burning nor if they are hard or soft...

My local Lowes has Greene Team(not much left)-Pres-to-Logs-Stove Chow-Clean Energy(I picked up 2 bags). I keep hoping for Somersets but nada. $176 a ton is very tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.