Local stove shop needs to put down the pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimney is about 16ft right now and going to add 3ft to it.

Talked to a local sweep and he is going to do the extension this week for $80 plus the pipe. He also expressed his disdain for the store I went through, said he has been doing the sweep business for about 25 years and hasn't heard too much good come from that place.

I am going to check at the local lumber house, I think they sell the same pipe I have and I have a contractor account there.

So I bought the pipe today from the local lumber store. $106.

So $106 and $80 for the local sweep to install. Total is just over what the stove place wanted for just the pipe.

I'm certain I got folded over with no lube pretty hard when I bought the piping from them, probably could have saved $500-600.

Status
Not open for further replies.