Locust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Great score ! So you're saying you use antifreeze to start it? ;lol :cool:
Lol no, I had to take everything out of the back of my truck to make room for more wood. I have a 50 gallon skid fuel tank, oil and coolant etc for the machines if it's needed. I have to put all that back now. Got some red oak today, left the locust for the other guys that work there

Lol no, I had to take everything out of the back of my truck to make room for more wood. I have a 50 gallon skid fuel tank, oil and coolant etc for the machines if it's needed. I have to put all that back now. Got some red oak today, left the locust for the other guys that work there
You're really hitting good scores there lately!

Reactions: D8Chumley
IMG_0354.PNG

Here I am hard at work today. I love my job! It's a shame I couldn't get more of that locust and red oak. I was cutting after work when the wind kicked up bad, I looked up and saw how dark it was. 30 seconds later it was like a whiteout, I threw the saw and rounds in the truck and scrambled outta there before one of the trees across the street fell on me lol

You will find more. The weather lately has been crazy. I'm going on my fourth day of 16 plus for storms here and had bad storms last week. On the plus side I did get a little locust from some neighbors who had a small tree taken down, I'll try and get a few pics just been busy.

View attachment 196876
Finally finished splitting and stacking my locust score, measures up to about 1.7 cord with a few rounds of red oak mixed in. I am thankful for this almost free wood!
Your not done! There are rounds setting off to the side!

That's some ash, goes in a separate pile lol

That's some ash, goes in a separate pile lol
I have a big ole pile of it myself....grabbing some dinner now and then firing the splitter up..

Looking good Chumley! Stacked on the blue Chep pallets! I was splitting some odd pieces that I've had for awhile today, making them smaller "chunks" and stacking them on pallets inside the garage. A cool start, but it warmed up later and actually was a nice day to work outside in Eastern PA. Feels more like we're going into Fall rather than coming out of Winter!!

What are Chep pallets? I got them on the last job I was on, we were cleaning some stuff up at the one yard at the TP and they were gonna throw them in the dumpster. I said wait a minute...!!! In my truck they went. I had to work today with the rain days this week. Got home around 2 and finished it up. It was a beautiful afternoon!

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
What are Chep pallets? I got them on the last job I was on, we were cleaning some stuff up at the one yard at the TP and they were gonna throw them in the dumpster. I said wait a minute...!!! In my truck they went. I had to work today with the rain days this week. Got home around 2 and finished it up. It was a beautiful afternoon!

Chep is a pallet supplier from New Jersey and their pallets always have that blue paint on the ends, and they are usually good and heavy well built pallets.

They are heavy that's for sure. Good for the pile of locust on them! Learned something new today

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Nice stacks, nothing better than free wood from work. It's not locust but I've been getting my hands on old cedar poles from work. There seasoned like 50 plus years solid very dry great for kindling and for these cool days for just a quick fire.

Chep is a pallet supplier from New Jersey and their pallets always have that blue paint on the ends, and they are usually good and heavy well built pallets.
I went to BJs shopping with my wife this morning and I noticed they have a lot of those pallets with different products on them. Never noticed them before today