Log Ox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Okay, interesting. I might try those. What brand do you have?
See the link in my post above. I built these myself after the hoses and crimps wore out in those. I just reused the hooks and fab'd the handle section.

Not sure why you are hung up on one photo of an older woman carrying a smaller round.
I wasn't fixating, I was just discussing the only photo they chose to show of someone using the tool to transport wood. They have a second photo of a guy lifting a heavier round, as if to lift it onto a splitter beam or chopping block, but as the discussion was about using the tool to carry wood, that was the only photo the manufacturer provided of that tool being used for that purpose.

I had already disclaimed with:

I can see the point about targeting specific muscle groups, if you're lifting much heavier rounds.

You know what?

I don’t think that woman burns wood. The clothes are too clean, new gloves and tools with all of its original paint.

I sense she’s scamming us.

You know what?

I don’t think that woman burns wood. The clothes are too clean, new gloves and tools with all of its original paint.

I sense she’s scamming us.
Funny. But the woman and her clothes are irrelevant. It's the demonstrated usage of the tool that is of interest.

Im not sure about that. Her picture is supposed to be a testimonial.

“I’m older and this tool helps me to stay independent.”

As you say, demonstrated usage is the key. Will somebody who actually has use for the product be dressed like they just came out of an Eddie Bauer catalog? Will somebody working in the woods dress like that?

Are you going to believe the following gentleman’s advice about which chain to put on your saw? How about advice on getting a tractor unstuck in the mud?

Presentation matters. This tool is being marketed to the upper middle class that want to pretend they play in the woods.

774C0970-6BA5-4309-9353-EA54AC267FF9.png

Reactions: salecker and Ashful
My wife recently got me the canvas firewood carrying sling that is made by Logox.

I was skeptical at first, but after using it a bit I really like it. It moves the weight to your shoulder rather than your back like what happens when you carry an arm load of wood in front of your body. I can carry about 2-3 regular armloads worth of wood using the sling and not feel strain on my back.

I don't have the other Logox tool mentioned in this thread, so I can't speak to it's merits from experience.

My wife recently got me the canvas firewood carrying sling that is made by Logox.
A good carrying satchel is key to this hobby. I went thru a half dozen really pretty canvas and leather carrying satchels, ripping the handles and rivets out of each one with a combined daily 240 - 300 lb. of oak, before moving to something less charming but more practical.

I have used these every day for the last 8 years, and they're still holding up great. I can't recommend them highly enough. I use a pair, with 40 lb. in each, to keep my 80 lb. load (per stove) balanced.

Amazon product ASIN B00525ZNOG
Weird, link isn't working when pasted into hearth.com, but works fine on it's own. Check on your own, item B00525ZNOG

I am always looking for new tools that make wood processing easier. I use my pickaroon every time I cut wood mainly to move or position the wood. I avoid picking any larger pieces of wood up if possible and the picture above made me think, why is he carrying those large logs, wouldn't it be easier to just roll it? I also try to position my truck and move it often closer to the wood. I'm not knocking the LogX product as I have never tried it, but I try my best to not carry wood if possible.

I am always looking for new tools that make wood processing easier. I use my pickaroon every time I cut wood mainly to move or position the wood. I avoid picking any larger pieces of wood up if possible and the picture above made me think, why is he carrying those large logs, wouldn't it be easier to just roll it? I also try to position my truck and move it often closer to the wood. I'm not knocking the LogX product as I have never tried it, but I try my best to not carry wood if possible.
Agreed, I typically try a minimal or no bend approach I kick over my rounds and split completely on the ground like Buckin Billy Ray on youtube. Yes its dangerous but steel toes and practice mitigate that. Then I pickaroon the finished pieces to load them. Helps get a lot done fast.