Log Spliter is this worth the money.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighting Up said:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_241483-53393-26083_0__?productId=1068703&Ntt=log+spliter&pl=1&currentURL;=/pl__0__s?Ntt=log+spliter#

saw this the other day and for someone burning say 3-4 facecords would it be worth it or would this one not be able to split anything...don't hold back...say it they way it is...have fun!
md
I and several others have posted alot about this splitter.. Just search the forum and you'll find the info you need..

Ray

I jus purchased the same splitter after tryin to split some dry hedge by hand and it is well worth the money. I usually dont cut anything over say 12 inches and it has exceeded my expectations of an electric splitter. I threw a 16 inch piece of sycamore on it to see what it would do with it and it split it. Only thing that gave it any trouble were the bigger rounds of hedge. Well worth the 300 dollars IMO, make sure you read the manual, there is a wing nut at the end of the splitter you have to loosen before each use, I'd say if you dont do it, it might prematurally wear it out. Good luck

thanks Cody...now that's a reply I can use...
md

sucks it only takes 20 inch long logs.

They need to make a 10 ton splitter and have it take upto 26 inch. My stove takes upto 28 so i tend to cut a little bigger then most.

I run a 18'' bar and jus cut the length of my bar, another down side of the task force 5 ton is that the ram doesnt travel all the way to the head. Still worth the money IMO thou. Comes with a 2 year warranty too so thats not bad.

Thats pretty funny kenny! I jus read thru raybonz and skin052s posts and they pretty much covered everything. Didnt mean to step on your guys' toes.

drozenski said:

They need to make a 10 ton splitter and have it take upto 26 inch. My stove takes upto 28 so i tend to cut a little bigger then most.

Thanks Drozenski...I read 120 reviews and no one said anything about that...I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.
md

Lighting Up said:
drozenski said:

Thanks Drozenski...I read 120 reviews and no one said anything about that...I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.
md

Really? You read 120 reviews? Unbelievable!
Do a search for
Task Force 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter and you can find the basic stats which say 20" long logs.
Some people should not use splitters!

kenny chaos said:
Lighting Up said:
drozenski said:

md

Really? You read 120 reviews? Unbelievable!
Do a search for
Task Force 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter and you can find the basic stats which say 20" long logs.
Some people should not use splitters!

WOW! Such anger over a question in a post...I didn't know you were the Administrator to this site...or maybe you cut your wood to short and are having a bad day...?
md

Lighting Up said:
[

WOW! Such anger over a question in a post...I didn't know you were the Administrator to this site...or maybe you cut your wood to short and are having a bad day...?
md

I'm not angry. I'm totally bewildered by anyone who reads 120 reviews trying to find basic stats!
As I said, maybe useing a splitter isn't for you.
And there's nothing wrong with the length of my wood. :p

Here's my bewilderment, how a guy sits on a site were people ask question and their OPINIONS and then says "I can't believe you need to read that many reviews"...If you don't like my question then don't respond leave it open for people that want to use this forum for helping others.
md

Lighting Up said:
Here's my bewilderment, how a guy sits on a site were people ask question and their OPINIONS and then says "I can't believe you need to read that many reviews"...If you don't like my question then don't respond leave it open for people that want to use this forum for helping others.
md

You live near me. If you want some help, PM me and you can come out to the farm and we can work together.

P.S.-
If you have a truck, bring it and I'll turn you on to some firewood.
Or, spend your time reading opinions.

kenny chaos said:
P.S.-
If you have a truck, bring it and I'll turn you on to some firewood.
Or, spend your time reading opinions.

Bring The Big Truck! Kenny's got it!

Was looking at the same splitter.
You can always buy it, and if you don't like it can just check with the stores return policy and return if needed...or sell on Craiglist.

Status
Not open for further replies.