LogOx 3 in 1 vs Stihl Cant Hook

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JordanCT

Oct 16, 2018
CT
so I’m leaning towards adding a cant hook/timberjack to my firewood gathering set up. Does anybody have a recommendation towards this end?

As of now, I am leaning toward the Stihl but the log hauler and easily removable timberjack stand are somewhat appealing on the log ox although the 38” length might be a deal breaker for a 150 lbs-er who could use the additional leverage of a longer arm.

Thoughts, recommendations, rants?

so I’m leaning towards adding a cant hook/timberjack to my firewood gathering set up. Does anybody have a recommendation towards this end?

As of now, I am leaning toward the Stihl but the log hauler and easily removable timberjack stand are somewhat appealing on the log ox although the 38” length might be a deal breaker for a 150 lbs-er who could use the additional leverage of a longer arm.

Thoughts, recommendations, rants?
Might try the gear forum here for this question.

I looked at those but they're spec is for a very narrow range of diameter log which turned me off from them. But I might take a second look.