Lombard "Little Lightening". made 1976-79 who can fix it for me on the cheap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwaggly

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2009
n.shore ma
Lombard "Little Lightening". made 1976-79 I picked on fo these at a yardsale a while back and it needs a new coil and spark plug line. Who can fix it for me on the cheap? The answer is not me, trust me on this one. Local to the n. shore of boston. link shows someones elses restoration I'll post pics of mine later. thnx.

http://hagstar.phanfare.com/4388430_4802247#imageID=83585835

That saw looks really similar to the old Homelite Super 2 and XL2. I would check the net to see who built the motor for that saw. It was common back in 'da day for manufacturers to make many different brands of saws. As far as cheap fix, you gotta realize that little bugger is gonna take (at a minimum) an hour to two hours to tear apart, put back together and tune up. So it ain't gonna be cheap......

Status
Not open for further replies.