Long Shoulder Season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Anyone thinking we are going to have a winter that was kind of like our summer? Meaning; a lot of 'warm' days popping up throughout the winter?

I hope so.

Burned for the last two nights, but now the daytime temps are supposed to get up to 50 or so. It's fine for me since I have to move some more wood, but I hate having to start new fires repeatedly.

ikessky said:
Burned for the last two nights, but now the daytime temps are supposed to get up to 50 or so. It's fine for me since I have to move some more wood, but I hate having to start new fires repeatedly.

I look forward to seeing the CraigsList postings of $200 for a cord of 'kindling' with the listing titled 'Having problems getting those fires started?'

BrotherBart said:
I hope so.

It would definitely put a smaller dent in my wood pile if that were the case.

BrowningBAR said:
I look forward to seeing the CraigsList postings of $200 for a cord of 'kindling' with the listing titled 'Having problems getting those fires started?'
Oh, I don't have a problem getting them started. I have a nice stock pile of kiln dried scraps and a bunch of smaller rounds that I split for the sole purpose of having smaller pieces to establish a nice bed of coals. My problem is that I hate sitting and waiting for everything to get up to temp, etc. I guess I'm just a little impatient!

Status
Not open for further replies.