Look outside!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
All I had to do was say those words and the two little monkeys knew exactly what was up. IT'S SNOWING! Immediately following their giggling and oohing and awing they ran towards the stove, even though it's in the furthest point of the house from where they were. The oldest one threw on clothes for school, the youngest had to be encouraged to stop running to get there, but this is where they end up when it's chilly.

I'd burn 24/7 for this one reason only, if I didn't already love doing it. I have memories from my childhood of running to the hot air register with a blanket and making a heat bubble, and if that is a warm and fuzzy memory for me, then I can only imagine the feelings a nice Woodstove will elicit when they grow up.

Enjoy:

b91339df.jpg

The picture says it all. :)

zap

zapny said:
The picture says it all. :)

zap

+1.

Great kids, great Dad too, for bringing them up on wood heat ;-)

Cute kids Danno.

Hopefully they will remember the woodstove fondly . . . although it's just as likely that for a while they'll grow to hate the work associated with the woodstove . . . but when they get older and start paying their own heating bills that they'll remember back to not only the cheaper heat, but the memories of getting warmed up in front of the fire, the view of the fire, etc.

When I was a kid, we ran to the radio when it snowed . . . . "School is CLOSED today!!"

Great kids there Danno . . . Ya think maybe the Mrs was messin' round? or are they adopted??

J/K, rock on! :coolsmirk:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
When I was a kid, we ran to the radio when it snowed . . . . "School is CLOSED today!!"

Great kids there Danno . . . Ya think maybe the Mrs was messin' round? or are they adopted??

J/K, rock on! :coolsmirk:
They may have some of her looks, but if you ever met the squirrely little suckers you'd know in two seconds who they really belong to!

Danno, I have some of the same memories. When I was a young lad my father did not believe in heating the house at night. That is when you sleep, after all and you have blankets then.... We'd scrape snow off the windowsills in the mornings sometimes.

All we've got in the air is Winter moths. Bazillions of 'em. Already this year. And it's 58 degrees.

Love it, Danno :)

Train 'em while they're young :)

Status
Not open for further replies.