Look what I have been doing!! Done, final pics!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezer4117

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
central In
All is ready for slate and tile this week!!

Attachments

• work.jpg
    work.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 935
  • work1.jpg
    work1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 885
  • work3.jpg
    work3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 879
I am looking forward to seeing the finished project. Gonna look sweet me thinks.

Shawn

So far so good! Interested in the finished pics when your done. What kind of stove is that?

Nice pics look forward to seeing the progress!

Ray

My Oslo heats my home said:
So far so good! Interested in the finished pics when your done. What kind of stove is that?

It's a buck 74.

Hope I'm wrong here, but have you checked alcove clearances on page 23 of the manual? This looks shy of requirements. It needs 23" clear on the sides and 84" alcove ceiling height.

Attachments

• buck 74 alcove.jpg
    buck 74 alcove.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 703
BeGreen said:
Hope I'm wrong here, but have you checked alcove clearances on page 23 of the manual? This looks shy of requirements. It needs 23" clear on the sides and 84" alcove ceiling height.

The Buck will set out in front of the "alcove" approximatley 3'. In one of the pics you will see a childs dining chair (step stool) between the stove and the back wall, kind of gives a better perspective. This used to be a zero clearence fireplace until I totally removed it 2 years ago. The above pics show the remains of the chase that are prepped for slate and tile this week. All clearneces have been made, thanks for the observation BG!!

Sounds good. I like a man with a plan. Keep taking shots. That Buck is going to look like a beauty queen on the runway!

Just have to plumb up the pipe!!

Attachments

• work6.jpg
    work6.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 495
  • work5.jpg
    work5.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 476
weezer4117 said:
Just have to plumb up the pipe!!

Lookin' good Weez!

Ray

Thanks, it took me around 6 hours to lay/cut the tile and slate. It was a learning expierence for me, I have never done it. I had a good coach, Grandpa!! There are a few things left to do but done for the most part. Just in time, low 40's at night YIKES. That Buck will run me out with these mild temps, im ok now but soon I will feeding it seasoned oak, walnut, black locust, and some shag bark hickory!! Thanks for reading yall, stay warm!!!

I was wondering how your project was coming along, very nice to say the least. For some reason I'm attracted to the two recessed eyeballs in the ceiling. They really showcase the new work and stove nicely. And good timing!

Weezer that is a real good looking project, it should sure give you alot of comfort and enjoyment. Nothing like the feeling of doing things yourself, and having the self satisfaction of a job done right. Keep up the good work.

Bubba

I feel very fortunate to come from a family of life long do it yourselfers. I have had to oppertunity to watch and learn from both of my grandfathers who both are some of the most well rounded men I know. I am a firm beliver that anybody can do anything they want if they want to. At the young age of 28 there isnt much I cant do around my house thanks to these men. Stay warm yall........

Looks really nice! Now it's time to get that pipe hooked up so you can fire that thing up

Looks nice, but um, er, um, you are NOT done untill you put a fire in there and post that pic. Then and only then are you done. Pics or it didn't happen is the rule here.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.