Lookin' at a used 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasoned Oak said:
bluedogz said:
[quote author="Seasoned Oak" date="1326396383...
Im referring to steps getting it out of the house where your buying it from. Its listed at 425 before you take anything off. Definitely take out the firebricks or they may go thru the door glass. I moved mine with a good appliance truck strapped on tight and it is a mule to get around,and i didnt have any steps. Good luck.

She said she has it in a storage unit, so presumably it's at ground level. MIGHT even be a short loading dock available.

Seems like they took the ad down from craigslist already ,is that normal before they actually sell it? Also selling out of a storage unit Hmmmm Seller stated reason fore selling "they burn oil" well thats probably the number one reason for buying a woodstove, not selling one.

Totally agreed... hadn't checked back on the ad, didn't know it had been yanked already.

It seems unlikely that there's anything hinky... I mean, it's a STOVE. At the same time, I had the impression the seller was not the most experienced wood burner. For example, she stated the stove sat in her garage for a year because she "didn't have any stove pipe." Might or might not be true, but it speaks to some inexperience, I think....

bluedogz said:
Totally agreed... hadn't checked back on the ad, didn't know it had been yanked already.

It seems unlikely that there's anything hinky... I mean, it's a STOVE. At the same time, I had the impression the seller was not the most experienced wood burner. For example, she stated the stove sat in her garage for a year because she "didn't have any stove pipe." Might or might not be true, but it speaks to some inexperience, I think....

Craigslist is known for selling less than legit stuff. Any item that brings several hundred and up is fair game. It pays to be careful. Lots of unguarded cabins get broken into here in Pa in the woods. A wood stove would be on the list of cabin contents.
Seems funny you would pay $1100 for a stove and then not install it for a year for the sake of $40 worth of stove pipe.

Absolutely right, Oak. While I want a good deal on a stove, I am adamant about not facilitating dishonesty to do so.

There are circumstances that might make this young lady's story legit, but there might be other circumstances that make it not legit. My eyes are open.

Oh, and the ad is still on CL, as far as I can see.

Hogwildz said:
If she says she needs $250.00 to make the rent, I wouldn't beat her up too much. If she is that hurting, she needs the money more than you or I..

Love that hogz.

I moved mine by myself more than I care to remember and I'm a girrrrl, so it's manageable. It put a hole in my mudroom floor though. An old board that just couldn't take it.

bluedogz said:
Absolutely right, Oak. While I want a good deal on a stove, I am adamant about not facilitating dishonesty to do so.

There are circumstances that might make this young lady's story legit, but there might be other circumstances that make it not legit. My eyes are open.

I couldnt find it ....ill check again.

those honda hawks were some pretty cool bikes. light and niblel

Seasoned Oak said:
bluedogz said:

I couldnt find it ....ill check again.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/hsh/2791949463.html

those honda hawks were some pretty cool bikes. light and niblel

Had a mess of them for years, restored and raced maybe a dozen. But the one mentioned actually bought my living room furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.