Looking at a Harman for a friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heat seeker

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2011
Northern CT
A good friend of mine has a neighbor selling this pellet stove:

"The model is the Haman Accentra-2 pellet stove. She says the distribution fan is not working."

I understand that the temp probe may be bad/dirty, causing the fan to stay off, but what else should I look for, in general, before buying the stove? The stove is not attached to venting any more, just sitting in the basement. It is about 5 years old, and they switched to a wood stove since they are getting the wood for free.

I think that there is a test mode in which I can run the motors to see if they all work - is that correct?

Any suggestions on a fair price?

I have read the Harman sticky, still working on absorbing it all. It works quite differently from my Afton Bay.

Yes you can turn the knob to test and all motors should come up if the gaskets are good and should feed a few pellets too. Going much farther will require exhaust to see if the stove fires up.

Reactions: heat seeker
Status
Not open for further replies.