Looking for 6" wide, 12" - 36" long stove pipe piece with cleaning/access door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GreenLiving57

Aug 3, 2018
Southwestern USA
Hi, I'm setting up a masonry/wood stove hybrid, from Europe, the manufacturer states you need an access door, right where the 6" stove pipe comes out of the top of the stove - for cleaning access - picture attached of where I need to have the piece attached with the access door, then above this portion, I will attach to 6" normal single wall stove pipe that connects to my chimney system.

I see found some for sale in Europe, but have searched all stove pipe suppliers in the USA, local and online can't seem to find anything, any recommendations? If I can't find a piece with a door, perhaps use a telescoping piece you could slide up, off the stove to get inside, I need to be able to get inside, block off the entrance way into the stove when cleaning the pipe above it, and then get inside the stove with a brush from this point.

Thank you in advance for any tips or recommendations!

Attachments

• Looking for 6" wide,  12" - 36" long stove pipe piece with cleaning/access door
    Stovepipeexit.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 80
Hi, I'm setting up a masonry/wood stove hybrid, from Europe, the manufacturer states you need an access door, right where the 6" stove pipe comes out of the top of the stove - for cleaning access - picture attached of where I need to have the piece attached with the access door, then above this portion, I will attach to 6" normal single wall stove pipe that connects to my chimney system.

I see found some for sale in Europe, but have searched all stove pipe suppliers in the USA, local and online can't seem to find anything, any recommendations? If I can't find a piece with a door, perhaps use a telescoping piece you could slide up, off the stove to get inside, I need to be able to get inside, block off the entrance way into the stove when cleaning the pipe above it, and then get inside the stove with a brush from this point.

Thank you in advance for any tips or recommendations!
That type os pipe isnt really available here i would just use a telescoping section

Here is what I'm looking for - I have found them all over Europe, but need one HERE by Friday!

Attachments

• Looking for 6" wide,  12" - 36" long stove pipe piece with cleaning/access door
    pipeaccess.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 79
Just use a telescoping section

The issue with telescoping - is you have to unscrew it, eventually after a few times, your threads might go south, and hope just a tad of creosote doesn't make it sticky and prevent it from sliding up, to access the top for cleaning - with an access door, easy peasy. Why these aren't available in the US is beyond me........

Last edited:
The issue with telescoping - is you have to unscrew it, eventually after a few times, you threads might go south, and hope just a tad of creosote doesn't make it sticky and prevent it from sliding up, to access the top for cleaning - with an access door, easy peasy. Why these aren't available in the US is beyond me........
Probably because there is very little demand. Have you checked with the masonry stove forums and website? If none found, one could be fabricated.

I use to have a single wall piece of telescoping that would bind up and be kind of a bear to take on and off, since switching to dvl (double wall) no issue, still smooth with going up and down, as far as the screws I was more concerned with the top screws that go into the support box, i simply don't touch them, the bottom screws that screw into the stove collar and gravity keeps it all in place.

Thanks, I'm having another issue, in trying to puzzle together this flue connection, onto my 12' of standard 6" single wall stove pipe that then connects to triple wall through my roof...... The connection that came with the stove, is 5 7/8ths, meaning the standard 6" portion of telescoping, wants to slide OVER this piece, - meaning creosote could drip onto stove. Are there any adapters, or something SMALLER than 5 7/8ths so I could go IN.......????

Thanks, I'm having another issue, in trying to puzzle together this flue connection, onto my 12' of standard 6" single wall stove pipe that then connects to triple wall through my roof...... The connection that came with the stove, is 5 7/8ths, meaning the standard 6" portion of telescoping, wants to slide OVER this piece, - meaning creosote could drip onto stove. Are there any adapters, or something SMALLER than 5 7/8ths so I could go IN.......????
It is metric pipe you will need an adapter to make it work with 6".