1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Looking for a good deal on an inverter

Post in 'The Gear' started by wahoowad, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wahoowad

wahoowad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    Hi folks - I have a very small inverter (400w) that I power with a deep cycle battery. I'd like to step up and get a more powerful one so I can run a few lights or small appliance during a power outage. I'm thinking maybe 800w - 1000w. I always have spare batteries that I keep charged up for my boat. Anybody seen a good deal on a recommended brand?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    I bought an 800w a few years ago at Home Depot. They seemed to have the most resonable prices and at the time they had a large selection of sizes.
    I won't buy anything electric or tronic online or by mail. I want to be able to return the thing without BS if I have problems.
  3. JeffRey30747

JeffRey30747 Member

Loc:
    NW GA USA
    We use the 1200W ones from Harbor Freight in conjunction with 36v to 12v transformers to run laptops and optical scan guns on our forklifts. We have one die every once in a while but overall get pretty good service from them as most will run 40 hrs or so a week. Last ones that I bought were on sale for $100.00 each, I think.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Check out Amazon too they had some good deals when I was looking at them a yr. ago..

Ray
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.